Standing with Children and Schools
As United Stand immersed itself in schools, it embraced the role of building diverse, multi-cultural healing communities of professionals and parents who stood together to foster the healthy development of children and adolescents. United Stand committed its energy and resources to:
- Not allowing cognitive, physical, social, or emotional factors to undermine a child's success in school.
- Consulting with principals and teachers in the assessment of children's needs and in the development of services to target identified needs.
- Providing response teams to help schools with sudden crises.
- Advocating for youth and helping them to find their own voices.
- Standing with parents, families, and schools in preparing students to become the next generation of adults who will contribute to the transformation of this world.